Why Don't you go to Church?
By Mickey Keith on August 16, 20110 Comments
Before you answer, please read this-
TEN REASONS WHY I NEVER WASH!
1. I was forced to as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites - they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap; I can't decide which one is best.
4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
8. I can't spare the time.
9. The bathrooms are never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer.
10. People who make soap are only after your money.
Speaking of the Church, Paul writes in 1 Cor. 12:25-27 NIV “so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
You are a part of Christ’s body, the church, so you need to be actively participating…Ready to commit, to connect, and to communicate the love of Christ with others!
Watchman Nee says, “Alone I cannot serve the Lord effectively, and he will spare no pains to teach me this: He will bring things to an end, allowing doors to close and leaving me effectively knocking my head against a wall until I realize that I need the help of the Body as well as of the Lord.”
There are truths taught in God’s house that you will not hear anywhere else. There you will find a spiritual family to belong to, a faith to live by, and a focus that gets your eyes where they should be- on Christ!
So, see you in church on Sunday!
Comments (Add New Comment)
« Back to Blog
Leave a Comment